Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day TWO - See the funny thing is...



For me the biggest hurdle is just DOING it. Its fairly ironic, there are tons of things that I must do - that I don't even particularly dislike doing, and that I actually enjoy the outcome of, I just don't like starting. Getting into the shower in the morning, getting out of bed, getting out the toothpaste, taking out a pot to cook, walking to the sink to take my medication. Its not like I don't know what happens when I don't do these things: stink, mouth rot, starvation and debilitating thoughts that I'm not good enough (I tried to make a suicide joke here, but I just couldn't make it funny). I'm just really bad at motivating myself to do thing that I have to do.

Last night I did "The Biggest Loser Boot Camp - Week 1" again, and I added a little 6 minute abs video from cable on demand - from the original "abs of steel" video girl! She even had big posters up in her "studio" of the VHS cover pictures with those totally 80s spandex-y jobs. It was awesome and HARD, but it was clearly a cut-down version because some of the exercises didn't repeat on the other side. Man, I'm gonna be ripped - I'll have a 3-pack! During "Biggest Loser" I really concentrated on deep lunges, rather than going half-way. I had trouble keeping up with the pace that way but I really felt it and my "glutes" are really sore today. In a good way. I forgot how much I enjoy the feeling the next day after a good workout.

Day Two Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment