Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day FIVE - Back on the Wagon


Taking a day off has generally been dangerous for me. One afternoon off becomes "I'll do it before bed", which becomes "I'll do it in the morning before work", which becomes "I'll just do it after work like regular" and so on. One day off becomes three days off and then I ask "why bother?". But I actually did better because of this blogging. I didn't want to have to admit missing two days in a row. So I'm back on the wagon today.

Since I work Saturdays until 11pm or so, I pretty much know it's not going to happen after work, so this morning I did the "TurboJam - Turbo Sculpt". Much different from the TurboJam Cardio Party in that you don't have to bounce and kick and punch so damn much. Turbo Sculpt is strength training. And its HARD. I used 5 lb weights and had to skip a set once or twice. But I did finish all 40 minutes. Afterwards it was hard to walk up the stairs.

The additional feature on the DVD during my post-workout solo stretching party was "Chalene 'Jam'z' the trainers". I couldn't quite tell if it was a parody of "punk'd" or just a weak, un-funny imitation. Although having never watched Punk'd, its possible the show is a week, un-funny original. Chalene even had the trucker hat ala Ashton Kutcher. The DVD set isn't that old, but felt instantly dated. Of course, going online now, Chalene is pimping her NEW training video set... get this... ChaLEAN. Does this woman have no-one in her organization who could come up with a better title? Although, really, how many exercise videos have good titles? Lets explore the few:

Turbo Jam
The P90X System
Hip-Hop Abs
Brand New Butt
Perfect Abs
Killer Butt with Dolores Munoz (OK, I want this one)
Abs/Buns of Steel
Tae-Bo
Yoga Booty Ballet
Joyce Vedral: Just Bra-Roll-Boobs (WTF?)
Your Best Butt Fast

I think they need better names, such as:

90 days to a Quarter Bouncing ass
Work it like I worked your mom last night
He Glutes, He scores!
Yoga: this stuff WILL kill you
Fitter? I dont even know her!
We put the "O-Hell" in Cardio. The Hell is silent.

Comment with your examples of "improved" titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment