Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day ONE


If you are reading this, STOP. I can't imagine anything on earth more boring than reading someone else's workout diary. My only reason for putting this online is that it gives me one less reason to cheat or lazy-out. I suppose if you are still reading by this point, there is no use dissuading you. So I'll introduce myself. I'm 27 years old, I work in the non-profit sector and I love my job. I have been married coming up on 5 years. I am 5'10" tall. It is usually a big fat cop-out when people say "I'm big boned", emphasis on fat. Unfortunately, in my case it is true. I have a big skeleton. It is tall. It is wide. I have a big rib cage and broad shoulders. My hands are like shovels and I can barely wear ladies shoes. So to the other people I say - Until you shop for pumps in the tranny store with the rest of the gay-pride parade - YOU ARE NOT BIG BONED!

I always thought working out was a little bit vain. Let the pretty people in L.A. do it - they get paid to look good. My job had been educating the citizens of tomorrow, which always came ahead of taking care of myself - including exercising. I'm trying to change that.

So, today is day one. Or rather, yesterday was day one. I suppose my blogs will always be one day later... so - day one. I did 30 minutes of "Biggest Loser Boot Camp - Week 1". It was pretty pathetic. I'm beyond sedentary, I'm sedimentary. I could form rocks in my ass for the amount I use it. Lots of puffing and sweating, but I got through it using 5lb weights. Its a little frustrating - the basement where I work out (because the TV is there) has a ceiling that does not allow me to raise my arms up straight without either punching out a light fixture, or scraping my knuckles on the "texture". I only have about a 3'x6' patch of floor, so no traveling lunges unless I turn sideways. I DO have a "step" right there because - don't ask me - there is a "stage" in the middle of the room. Maybe I'll take some pictures next time.

I DID make an amazing discovery last night on Comcast - cable on demand, there is an exercise channel. I was worried about getting bored. More about that later.


Yay Day One!

1 comment: