Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day FOUR - I'm pretty sure God rested on the fourth day, didn't he?



So it was a pretty rough day today. My husband and I have two cars. One of them had a pretty major mishap in late December. Bill was driving home when the engine died. There is an entire crazy story about the tow truck adventure that night and the car was left at "Tuan's Auto Repair" in the semi-shady section of town. After not hearing anything from "Tuan", I arranged to have the car towed to the Suzuki dealership. They looked at it and determined that "all the oil fell out" and the engine seized and would need to be replaced, at a cost of $3000. But this is all old news.

I called the dealership today and was going to ask when they would start charging storage fees and explain that we did not have the money yet, and would be willing to tow it away if necessary. However, they told me that the car had already been "picked up" and to contact my bank. I did that, and the bank said "we have no record of that, you are up to date on your payments, call the city (to report it stolen)". Called back to the dealership and they finally fessed up that it had been towed by a reposession service after they had "repeatedly tried to contact you" (There was only one phone call on the caller ID from the dealership, the day the car was towed). Calling the repo service, they said that unless they got a statement from the bank, the car could go up for auction "at any time". Calling the bank, I got mad and finally found somebody who could say what was up. They too "tried to contact us" (I answered the phone from Wells Fargo that week and they would not tell me what the issue was because I was not Bill) and decided to "recover" the vehicle, despite it not being behind any payments. They were "upset" to hear that the dealership had lied about the amount of time the vehicle was there and that the vehicle was not in running condition (presumably destroying auction value).

Long story short... It will cost $800 to get the car from the repo lot, and then it still will need a new engine.

Needless to say I was upset. So instead of working out, I went drinking. Three tequillas later, life was in perspective. Shit happens, life goes on. But, I didn't work out because I fell asleep when I got home. Oops. I guess my "rest day" happened sooned than I wanted to. Back at it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment