Monday, February 16, 2009

Day SIX - Down but Not Out


I hurt my back yesterday. I think it originally happened over a lifting injury - yes, not lifting from the knees like I was supposed to. This was years ago. Now, very seldomly, if I twist funny, it freaks out, which was what happened yesterday. I think I was kicking a door shut. Generally a couple days of rest and not sitting for too long gets it back up and running. The first time it happened I went in to check it out and the doctor said it might be a slipped or bulging disc (ew), but I went to a massage therapist and she worked the muscles and it loosened up enough to be awesome (no, seriously, it was way better than 'good'). It already feels better today so hopefully tomorrow will be great.

I'm thinking that improving the tone in my core will prevent this kind of thing from happening in the first place. So I'm looking forward to that. I'm not giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment